Friday, November 07, 2008

Baby's First Steps!

I don't have any pictures of this yet, but I will try to get some soon. I just had to write it down before I forgot.

Maddy has been taken a lot of steps lately. It started as a few quick steps and then a fall. But on the 29th of October (two days after her birthday) she took 3-4 real, controlled steps in Grandma Simpson's room. She stood up, saw grandma's medicine bottles, and walked right to them. What a motivation, eh? Both Grandma and I clapped, but Maddy didn't even realize she did it.

Just yesterday (Nov 06) she started walking a lot more around our living room. It's funny. There is no rhyme or reason that I can see as to why she chooses to walk or crawl. It still seems she doesn't even notice she is walking. But right now she can get around much faster with her half bear half scoot-on-foot crawl so she prefers crawling to walking still. But it's fun to see her grow....no rush though! I still haven't baby-proofed my drawers and cabinets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, I'd be in no hurry to have her walk... that scoot/crawl thing she does is too adorable to outgrow! LOL

Tiffany said...

Hey I was just wondering how you guys were and how the move went. I hope all is well! Keep us updated!!! I am a little jealous that you don't have to go through finals week yuck!