Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Who came up with the saying "sleep like a baby?"

So Madison has been sleeping with me and Dave every night as she nurses the night away. A couple of days ago we decided it was time to put her in her crib. It is a struggle! I nurse her to sleep and then try to put her in her crib, she wakes up. I let her cry for a few minutes and then come back in and nurse her to sleep again. I attempt #2 to put her in her crib, she wakes up. I let her cry again and then come back in and nurse her to sleep again. The first night i just had to hold her down during the 3rd attempt to put her in her crib and she just let out a cry or two of protest and then she slept for a few hours. Last night however, I held her down and she just continued to cry and cry. We started this process at 9:00 and it was coming onto midnight at this moment. Well proving that great things come in small packages, Maddy, as she was crying, looked around the crib and spotted this little lamb stuffed animal.
She immediately stopped crying and just stared at him. And then she felt his ear and just laid there looking and feeling him. 30 minutes later she fell asleep. Thank goodness for Lamby!

Two hours later she woke up again...and ended up in our bed again.

It's going to be a loooooong and tiring week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Girl did that. She was impossible to put to sleep. Wouldn't go to sleep on her own. If I held her / nursed her while she fell asleep, fine - as long as I didn't put her down. Her laying in her crib while I rubbed her back was not good enough. We slept in the recliner or co-slept a lot. She still prefers to sleep with us instead of in her bed. Bleh.